How to Connect Chromebook to TV?
Chromebooks come with a built-in media port that allows you to connect additional power displays. This is a handy and easy-t-use device while you use Chromebook for a longer period. It has multiple features like you can connect to the TV and can display whatever you want whether you are giving a presentation at work or showing a slideshow of the photos of your special event.
So, let’s start how to connect a Chromebook to a TV?
To connect it to the TV an HDMI cable is required and in some Chromebooks, an adapter is also required that helps the HDMI cable to plug into a USB type C port. After connecting your Chromebook then plug the opposite end of your cable to a TV port and make sure to connect your TV input appropriately.
You also have to check Mirror Internal Display to your Chromebook setting so that your screen can be properly mirrored on the TV.
Follow the steps to connect your Chromebook to TV:
- Plugin the HDMI cable into your Chromebook.
- If an adapter is needed then firstly plug the cord into the adapter into your Chromebook USB type C port that is on the left side of the keyboard.
- Plug the HDMI’s cord opposite end into your TV. Many TVs have several ports that are on the back, sides, or at the bottom of the screen so don’t be confused.
- Switch on your Chromebook. A pop-up notification will appear by confirming that your Chromebook is now connected to your TV.
- Please be sure that you have changed your TV input to proper HDMI input. For many TVs, it may appear as HDMI 3 or HDMI 4.
- After choosing the appropriate HDMI input please make sure that the desktop background is appearing on the TV screen.
- To be sure that each item of your computer is correctly displayed on the TV screen you have to turn on Mirror Internal Display in your Chromebook setting. By clicking the clock in the right-hand corner of your desktop to access your Chromebook setting.
- Select advanced that pop-up on the left side.
- Click Device by selecting Displays.
- Check the arrangement section in the down.
- Check the Mirror Internal Display that will turn on white box into a blue mark.
Now your entire computer screen will appear on the TV screen and can open anything whatever you want. You can open YouTube, MS office, or you can browse on chrome to find some webpages or other important documents. You can also show your photos from Google drive and can easily play games on your TV while connecting to Chromebook.
How to Connect Chromebook to TV wirelessly?
Chrome has made it convenient to cast anything directly to your TV without HDMI. It means you can easily browse web pages on chrome to see videos, images, or anything you want to find online directly to your screen.
There is a built-in feature in Chromebooks that support chrome cast devices. After setting a chrome cast on your TV follow the following steps to connect your TV wirelessly.
- Click on the clock in your Chromebook and select cast.
- Select your chrome cast device.
- In the pop-up window select your desktop and then share select.
- Click on the clock again to stop your screen from casting. Then in the window select stop that appears above the system tray menu.
Here everything is done and you are ready to use your TV screen by connecting through Chromebook and make your work easy by browsing the web pages on a big screen and making an attractive presentation.
One thing you should keep in mind that some TVs have built-in chrome cast support. So to connect your Chromebook you don’t need extra hardware.