For protection from the evil eyes, for illness, blessings, and cleaning every religion using holy water and pretending it as a shadow for life and people are thinking that the holy water can only be pure once it will be made by the priest. But this is not the case everything depends on your faith and belief. You may not be able to make genuine holy water on your own but you can make it by following the rules and prayers.
If you are giving so much importance to holy water and you are searching for how to make holy water to protect your home from some unwanted accidents then you can make it on your own. Holy water plays an important role in some rituals like prayers. And more religious people use holy water like a shadow to protect their home.
If due to some reason you are not able to collect holy water then you can make it at home by following the traditional Catholic prayers and rituals. If you are searching for how to make holy water then check this article here, you will be introduced to the traditional way to make holy water at home. Apart from Catholic prayers and rituals, you can also follow pagan rules to make holy water.
Holy water with catholic rituals and prayers
People are giving importance to holy water and most people are searching on the web on how to make your own holy water and want to keep it at home for some additional benefits. So, dive into this article, here you will get to know how to make holy water.
Collect and consecrate your salt
First of all, you need to make holy salt before you can prepare holy water, so consecrate your salt and make it pure first like sacred. Take some original or natural salt without any added ingredients and pour it into a container like in a jar or bowl. Once you are done with the holy salt, recite the words from the Roman Ritual.
- “Our help under the aegis of the Almighty and Immortal God. O salt, a unique creature of God, I shuck you by the almighty God, by the literal God, by the sacred God, by the God who commanded you to flow into the water by the prophet Eliseo so that it’s long-lasting powers might be rejuvenated. I shuck you so that you may become a way of reducing sins for believers, that you may refresh everyone’s soul and body whoever use you, apart from that you may put to wash away and flight from the places wherever you are sprinkled in every corner and wash away the devilish deceit and every unclean spirit, implored by him who will come to judge the dead and the living and the fire world. Amen”
- If you are devoting the salt in front of any witnesses then ask them to join you in the prayer: “Almighty and immortal God, we respectfully adjure Thee, in Thy unconditional love and kindness, to bless and sacred this salt which Thou did produce and pass over to the mankind for use so that it becomes a source of refreshment for health, mind, and bodies who use it, and may vanish away whatever it sprinkles of all impure and protect it from the eyes of evil spirits. In the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who lives and follows him in the uniformity of the Holy Spirit, God forever and after. Amen”
- You can find online the prayer of the Roman Ritual or you can purchase a holy book of a Roman Ritual from a Catholic bookstore.
- You no need to take a special container for the salt but if you keep any holy salt not mixed in water then make sure that you will not mix the container with regular table salt otherwise you will confuse.
Collect some water from a natural source
If possible for you then collect water from some stream, lake, or river. Try to avoid tap water because tap water contains Chlorine and fluoride. However, if your water is collected from a natural source then filter it because no one wants dirty holy water.
- Pour the water in an open container, like a big bowl.
- If you aren’t able to collect water from a natural source then you can use tap or distilled water. Distilled water is a good choice.
Adjure the water
Before mixing the water and salt, you will need to adjure the water as well and read out these words from the Roman Ritual.
- “O water a lifeline creature of God, I adjure you in the name of the Almighty and immortal God, and under the aegis of Jesus Christ his Son, our owner, and through the holy spirit power. I adjure you so you drive away all the power of the enemy, and be able to vanish away and uproot that enemy with his apostate angels, under the power of the Lord Jesus Christ, who will come to judge the dead and the living and the fire world. Amen”
- If you are adjuring in front of witnesses then ask them to join the prayer. “O Almighty God who is there to reduce the sins of the human has created this purest and life-saving water, in Thy forbearance accept our prayers and pour us with your blessings and power in this element and make it ready for every kind of purification. May this, Thy unique creature, become a source of divine grace in the power of Thy mysteries, to vanish away evil spirits and reduce sickness, so that everything at home and in other places where this holy water is sprinkled may be free from all impure and harm, and keep secure this place from any kind of disease and bad air. May the negative vibes of the enemy go in vain. Keep away all those negative vibes that snatch away the peace of mind by the sprinkle of this holy water, so that we will be healthy by calling Thy holy name, and keep us secure from all attacks. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ his son who lives and follows him in the uniformity of the holy spirit, God, forever and after. Amen”
Pour the salt into the water in a cross shape
Once you have adjured both the salt and water, the final step is to combine them. By making a cross shape add the salt into the water. As you add the water to the salt read out the following prayer.
“May this water and salt be mixed together under the aegis of the Lord Jesus Christ, his son, and in the name of the holy spirit. Amen”
If you are doing this ritual in front of any witness, you should say this “May the almighty God be with you.” They will admire, “May he remains with you”
Invite anyone to recite this prayer: “God, the owner of the earth and heaven, the ever-glorious lord, who restrain unwanted force, calming his rage, and defeating his wickedness, in your kindness and love we beg you, Lord, to bless this creature thing of salt and water, to shade the light of your kindness upon it, and pour it with your mercy, so that wherever it is sprinkled with your holy name, every assault of the devil spirit may have vanished. To us who for-granted your mercy that the holy spirit may be always with us wherever we may be, under the aegis of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen”
Sanctify the holy water
Once you are done with your holy water, you can bless it by reciting the following prayer: “You are blessed in the name of the Almighty God who created to bless us in Christ, the living water for our sins, and to purify us, bless that we are purified by the use of this holy water, the youth’s spirit will be rejuvenated by the power of the holy spirit, may always walk in the right path.”
When you finish the prayer make a cross sign over the water.
Use the holy water to bless your family and home
Once you have made your holy water, keep it in any clean container or in a spray bottle to use whenever you need it. You can sprinkle this holy water in your home to keep it safe from evil eyes, you can use it to keep yourself and family members before going to bed. You can sprinkle this holy water to reduce illness.
The prayer to make holy water is: “You are blessed in the name of the Almighty God who created to bless us in Christ, the living water for our sins, and to purify us, bless that we are purified by the use of this holy water, the youth’s spirit will be rejuvenated by the power of the holy spirit, may always walk in the right path”
Yes, you can add your holy water to tap water if you want in a large quantity but it would be better if you will ask your priest before adding it to tap water.
No, there is no expiration of holy water because it is blessed with the Almighty God.