Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie is a yummy and finger-licking classic dish with a twist on scratch gravy mixed with sliced chicken, mixed vegetables, and with a final touch with cheese and mini tater tots. Added an extra point for being very kid-friendly and family favorite dinner that everyone loves to eat.
Cooking is all about love, share, and care….. As we all know that “the path of one’s heart goes through the stomach”. So cook delicious tater tot chicken pot pie and win your loved one’s heart.
I am a perfectionist when it comes to good food, I want each and everything in a perfect quantity with a delicious taste. I always want to share recipes and attractive food pictures that give you a watery mouth and make you run out to the store for the ingredients needed for the recipe.
Maybe you won’t feel to make this finger-licking chicken pot pie casserole but if you do try this once I am pretty sure it will be loved by all your family members and you will be appreciated for this delicious recipe.
This blog is all about easy and delicious food. Whenever I cook something that my family members willingly eat and never go for the second option. I love to share this finger-licking recipe with you all so that you guys have your favorite dinner time with your family. When the dinner table is quite you can make the idea that chicken pot pie is surely a winning dinner that makes your family member closer to the dinner table.
Let’s start with a quick overview
This is an amazing recipe to use the leftover chicken or you can buy some chicken from the market. Tater tot chicken pot pie is one of my favorite recipes because I can prepare dinner easily in a hurry.
Cook up onion and seasonings and some butter on the pan. Add cheese and sliced chicken, remember cheese is the key ingredient that makes the chicken pot pie filling creamy and yummy. Put your chicken and some mixed vegetables and then put them into the casserole dish.
Top up your dish with tater tots and then cook it. Don’t over place the tater tots rather put them in a single layer so that they can bake well and get crispy. If you have much patience then line up the tater tots in a row so that you can be able to fit more.
Add some cheese on top after the cooking time and place it back in the oven until the cheese gets melted. You can’t say no to the creamy chicken filling you will just fall in love with the taste and those crispy, crunchy tater tots and of course the melted cheese.
Tater tot chicken pot pie is the most delicious dish that everyone will eat without any complaint.
Quick and easy tips for chicken pot pie casserole
- To make this delicious dish even faster use some sliced chicken. You will just need 2-3 cups of chicken to prepare this amazing recipe.
- Let’s call for the mini tater tots because I have experienced they cook even faster and better that give crispy tater tots on top of the pie. If you wish to use the larger size tater tots then you need to increase the cooking time to make it evenly cooked.
- The Montreal chicken seasonings add amazing flavor to the chicken pot pie and no need to add extra salt. It is easily available in grocery stores.
Let’s start the preparation with proper measurements and timing
- Total time to prepare the dish = 55 minutes
- Preparation time = 15 minutes
- Cooking time = 40 minutes
- Can easily serve eight people
- One medium-size finely chopped onion.
- Four tablespoons butter.
- One tablespoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
- Half tablespoon dried thyme.
- One-fourth cup flour.
- 396 grams of chicken broth.
- 2-3 cups of diced chicken.
- 283 grams of mixed vegetables.
- 793 grams of frozen tater tots.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish.
- In a large pan melt butter in over medium-high heat. Once the butter melted add chopped onion, dried thyme, and Montreal chicken seasoning and cook for 4-5 minutes till the onion gets soft.
- Sprinkle flour over the onion and stir well until it turns into a thick paste.
- Add chicken broth and stir it well until everything get mixed. While stirring heat to a low boil and it hardly takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Put the tater tots on top of the pot pie mixture and yes make sure that the tater tots are not placed over the other, it should be in a single layer.
- Cook for 40 minutes till the tater tots turned brown and crispy. Top up with cheese and put it back in the oven for a few minutes till the cheese melt.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes before serving. Let the pot pie filling to set up that will give time to the casserole to cook down a little.
After all it set up your chicken pot pie is ready to eat and enjoy your favorite dinner with your family.